NetGalley and Edelweiss Challenge
I joined this Challenge in 2018 and again for 2019 at the platinum level, which translates to 75 books for the year. If you’d like to sign up for this challenge, click here.
There was a change of hosts mid-year 2018 and Tina at Reading Between the Pages accepted the role. The NGEW2019 Challenge is now open.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. There is no deadline to signup.
- Everyone is welcome to participate – you do not need to have a blog.
- Any genre, release date, length, etc. counts, it just needs to be a book from NetGalley or Edelweiss.
- Books can count for more than one challenge that you are participating in.
- Choose a level, but if you want to move up or down a level at any time – go for it!
- The first day of each month Tina will post a monthly “link-up” for you to link your reviews. If you forget one month, no worries, just catch up the next month.
- Questions: Feel free to leave her a comment below or use the contact page at the top of her post.
- Don’t forget to use the Hashtag: #NGEW2019 when posting your reviews.
- And don’t forget to send your challenge reports using her little blue Linky to Tina at Reading Between the Pages.
Fractured Truth by Susan Furlong
The Lost Traveller by Sheila Connolly
A Literal Mess by J C Kenney
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
- This challenge will run from January 1st, 2019 until December 31st, 2019.
- You can join anytime. You do not have to post a review of the book. Books can come from any genre.
- You do not need to link up each spoonful.
- Make a page or a post or a GoodReads shelf where you will keep track of your spoonfuls. (I keep track of mine on my Challenge Page.)
- Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!
- It’s an alphabet challenge!!! The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.
- You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles as shown below (H).
The First Main Word Needs To Be
The Letter You Are Counting
Except For those pesky Q, X, AND Z titles then the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.
Non-bloggers are welcome! Add a special shelf on Goodreads.com to help you keep track! Title your new shelf Alphabet Soup Challenge and you are all set.
Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book as there may be special announcements made about the challenge.
There is also an active group on Facebook – Alphabet Soup Challenge – fun to catch up with them and see what some are using for those Q, X, and Z titles!
This year she is asking everyone to sign up using Google Forms. Sign Up Here. That way she has your email addy in case she needs to contact you about any changes to the challenge or special events.
F – Fractured Truth
H – The Homecoming of Bubbles O’Leary
J – Just What I Always Wanted
K – Killer Lawyer
L – The Lost Traveller
Watch my stats add up during the year and get started on your Challenge page too!
NGEW2018 READING CHALLENGE
No Turning Back by Nancy Bush
Grist Mill Road by Christopher J Yates
Strangers by Ursula Archer and Arno Strobel
Need to Know by Karen Cleveland
An Engineered Injustice by William L Myers Jr
Deep Zero by V S Kemanis
An Eye for an Eye by Caroline Fardig
Curses, Boiled Again by Shari Randall
Killed in Action by Michael Sloan
Ultimate Power by Stephen Frey
Night Moves by Jonathan Kellerman
Lethal in Old Lace by Duffy Brown
Valley of Time by Jeremy D Holden
Deja Moo by Kirsten Weiss
If I Live by Terri Blackstock
Last Night by Kerry Wilkinson
Fiction Can Be Murder by Becky Clark
The Advice Column Murders by Leslie Nagel
Claws for Concern by Miranda James
Murder at the Mushroom Festival by Janet Finsilver
A Dog’s Way Home by W Bruce Cameron
The Crooked Staircase by Dean Koontz
Better Off Read by Nora Page
Pick and Chews by Linda O Johnston
Dying Truth by Angela Marsons
Ray vs the Meaning of Life by Michael F Stewart
Confessions of a Red Herring by Dana Dratch
A Steep Price by Robert Dugoni
As the Christmas Cookie Crumbles by Leslie Budewitz
Confound It by Maggie Toussaint
Tail of the Dragon by Connie de Marco
I’ve Been Watching You by K A Richardson
Murder Made to Order by Lena Gregory
The Perfect Friend by Barbara Copperthwaite
Dirty Who? by Jerry Kennealy
Shelved Under Murder by Victoria Gilbert
A Soufflé of Suspicion by Daryl Wood Gerber
S’More Murders by Maya Corrigan
Knot My Sister’s Keeper by Mary Marks
Death Over Easy by Maddie Day
Midnight Snacks are Murder by Libby Klein
Death on the Menu by Lucy Burdette
Burning Ridge by Margaret Mizushima
Samhain Secrets by Jennifer David Hesse
The Forbidden Door by Dean Koontz
Deadly Dram by Melinda Mullet
A Borrowing of Bones by Paula Munier
Read and Gone by Allison Brook
Lackbeard by Cody B Stewart and Adam Rocke
In Cold Chocolate by Dorothy St James
Malice by Jennifer Jaynes
High Crimes by Libby Fischer Hellmann
Assault and Beadery by Mollie Cox Bryan
The Pint of No Return by Ellie Alexander
Glitter Bomb by Laura Childs
The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller by Cleo Coyle
Open Your Eyes by Paula Daly
Darkest Before the Dawn by Mike Martin
The Long Paw of the Law by Diane Kelly
Yeast of Eden by Sarah Fox
Thread Herrings by Lea Wait
Harvest of Secrets by Ellen Crosby
House of Ashes by Loretta Marion
Murder in Her Stocking by G A McKevett
A Vintage Death by Mary Ellen Hughes
A Cold Brew Killing by Lena Gregory
Murder at Harbor Village by G. P. Gardner
Purls and Poison by Anne Canadeo
Zephyr by Andrew Cooke
Love You Gone by Rona Halsall
The Body in the Attic by Judi Lynn
A Midwinter’s Tail by Bethany Blake
Violet Tendencies by Kate Dyer-Seeley
The Kooky Kids’ Club by Robbie Yates
Tandem Demise by Duffy Brown
Quantum Marlowe by Glenn Lazar Roberts
Chasing the Blue Sky by Will Lowrey
The Water Tower Club by B K Mayo
Justice Gone by N. Lombardi Jr
Oh Holy Fright by Teresa Trent
Live and Let Pie by Ellie Alexander
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
This is an A to Z reading challenge moderated by Escape With Dollycas Into a Good Book. Simple Challenge, lots of details–you do not have to stick to a particular category. You can also visit the challenge page HERE. Or see my blog post here.
A – A Cold Brew Killing
B – Better Off Read
C – Curses, Boiled Again
D – Deep Zero
E – An Eye for an Eye
F – For the Love of Ireland
G – Grist Mill Road
H – High Crimes
I – If I Live
J – Justice Gone
K – Killed in Action
L – (The) Last Homecoming
M – Murder at the Mushroom Festival
N – No Turning Back
O- Open Your Eyes
P – Pick and Chews
Q – Quantum Marlowe
R – Ray vs the Meaning of Life
S – Strangers
T – The True Tales of the Road to Key West
U – Ultimate Power
V – Valley of Time
W – The Water Tower Club
Y – Yeast of Eden
Z – Zephyr
Photo Attribute: Shelves from CountryDoor.com