I published my grandfather’s 90 year old manuscripts and have since initiated a comprehensive social media presence as well as a blog to promote and market his books. My big push is to get reviews and it’s apparently more difficult than pulling hen’s teeth. I understand and appreciate your pain!
I read…a lot! So I will review your book, and assume you are the author. If you are not, please let me know (i.e., editor, publicist).
Using the guidelines listed below, please submit the inquiry introducing yourself and include the desired information noted. I usually respond within 72 hours. (If I cannot do the review, you’ll have notice within that same time frame.) Format preferences are also listed below. Upon notification of my acceptance of your submission, I will request a format.
If I have started the book but find I am not interested or there are too many problems, I will contact you directly and that feedback will be relayed privately.
- Please note the following genres. These are my favorite (in no special order):
Mystery…Thriller…Historical Fiction…Literary Fiction…Biography…
Autobiography…Literary Non-Fiction…Historical Romance…Paranormal…
Have been known to read:
Normally will not read:
Don’t Even Ask:
If you don’t see your genre listed here, just email me and ask.
- Format preferences (I must have a digital copy since I use my cell device to read and have no space to store additional books):
Most preferred: Kindle Gift Book
Can do: .Mobi
(No PDFs, please.)
- Include in your inquiry the (a) title, (b) genre (find yours in one of the lists above), (c) the number of pages, (d) your publish date, (e) link to your book (or your website), as well as a (f) short description of the book.
- Submission of your book conveys your permission to use the cover for illustrative purposes and your photo and author information from Amazon.
- Please email the above information to email@example.com. Stanley was my grandfather’s pen name. My Amazon reviews are posted under V. Williams.
The review is my opinion. I base my opinion on a number of criteria. (Please see the Twelve Points post.) I post the review on Amazon, Goodreads, and may include my blog, and those posts will additionally link to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. If you do not wish to have my review posted publicly, please let me know. (If you do not specify, I will assume I am free to post publicly.) I use a five star system roughly based on both Amazon and Goodreads criteria. (Their star systems do not match, and I may use a compromise between the two for the blog.) I generally do not post an opinion less than three stars because someone else might love it.
I’m looking forward to your submissions! © Updated July, 2017 Virginia Williams