Hello Authors, Editors, and Publishers!
I published my grandfather’s 90-year-old manuscripts and initiated a comprehensive social media presence as well as this blog to promote and market his books. You can read about that journey on my About Me page.
I read…a lot! If you submit a book for my consideration, I will assume you are the author. If you are not, please let me know (i.e., editor, publicist). I have had to drastically reduce the number of review requests accepted for consideration due to the numbers received. I will not discontinue allowing author requests at this time, but may not be able to respond to your request within a reasonable period.
Using the guidelines listed below, please submit the inquiry introducing yourself and include the desired information noted. My format preference is listed below. Please, do not send me your book unless I’ve agreed to accept.
- Please note the following genres. These are my favorites (in no special order):
Mystery…Thriller…Suspense…Crime…Police Procedurals…Psychological Thrillers…
Historical Fiction…Spy-Espionage…Humorous…Adventure…Contemporary Fiction
Have been known to read:
Sci-Fi…Biography…Paranormal…Literary Fiction…Time Travel
Normally will not read:
Don’t Even Ask:
If you don’t see your genre listed here, just email me and ask.
- Format preferences (I must have a digital copy since I use my cell device to read and have no space to store print books):
Most preferred: Kindle Gift Book
Can do: Mobi
(No PDFs, please!)
- Include in your inquiry the (a) title, (b) genre (find yours in one of the lists above), (c) the number of pages, (d) your publish date, (e) link to your cover/book (or your website), as well as a (f) short description of the book.
- Submission of your book conveys your permission to use the cover for illustrative purposes and your photo and author information from Amazon and/or Goodreads Author Pages.
- Please email the above information to email@example.com with a headline title Review Request. Stanley was my grandfather’s pen name. My Amazon reviews are posted under V. Williams.
The review is my opinion. I base my opinion on a number of criteria. (Please see the Twelve Points post.) I post the review on Amazon, Goodreads, and this blog, and those posts will additionally link to my Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts. If you need additional posts, such as Barnes & Noble and Kobo, please include that information. Also, I may create a graphic from your novel cover for Instagram. If you do not wish to have my review posted publicly, please let me know. (If you do not specify, I will assume I am free to post on social media.) I use a five star system roughly based on both Amazon and Goodreads criteria. (Their star systems do not match, and I may use a compromise between the two for the blog.) I generally do not post an opinion less than three stars because someone else might love it. (In the case where I feel I cannot post three stars or above, or I have started the book but discover there are too many problems, I will notify you privately and directly.
Except where noted on a graphic, all reviews, posts, pictures, and graphics are my own, copyrighted, and are not to be shared.
[Note: I will from time to time share a book I particularly believe my associate reader, the CE (my dear hubby), will also enjoy. In that case, I will provide his review or we provide a tandem review in the case where we both read the book.]
© Updated October 2020 Virginia Williams