I published my grandfather’s 85 year old manuscripts and have since initiated a comprehensive social media presence as well as a blog to promote and market his books. My big push is to get reviews and it’s apparently more difficult than pulling hen’s teeth. I understand and appreciate your pain!
I read…a lot! So I will review your book, and will assume you are the author. If you are not, please let me know (ie, publisher, editor, publicist).
Just shoot me a quick inquiry including the genre (find yours in one of the lists below) and the number of pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. I usually respond within 72 hours. Using the guidelines, please submit an inquiry note introducing yourself and including the desired information as noted below. (Format preferences are listed below.) Upon notification of my acceptance of your submission, I will request a format. (If I cannot do the review, you’ll have notice within that same time frame.)
My guidelines are pretty simple.
- Please note the following genres and my category. These are my favorite (in no special order):
Mystery…Thriller…Historical Fiction…Literary Fiction…Biography…
Autobiography…Literary Non-Fiction…Historical Romance…Paranormal…
Have been known to read:
Normally will not read:
Don’t Even Ask:
If you don’t see your genre book listed here, just email me and ask.
- Format preferences (I must have a digital copy since I use my cell device to read and have no space to store additional books):
Most preferred: Kindle Gift Book
Can do: .Mobi
(PDF is too small a print for me and must be read scanning from side to side.)
- Please include a short description of the book.
- Submission of your book conveys your permission to use the cover for illustrative purposes and your photo from Amazon.
- Please email the above information to email@example.com. Stanley was my grandfather’s pen name. My Amazon reviews are posted under V. Williams.
The review is my opinion. I base my opinion on a number of criteria. (Please see the Twelve Points post.) I post the review on Amazon, Goodreads, and may include blog (and will include my little target–see graphic), and those will additionally link to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. If you do not wish to have my review posted publicly, please let me know. (If you do not specify, I will assume I am free to post publicly.) I use the five star system. I generally do not post an opinion less than three stars because someone else might love it.
I’m looking forward to your submissions! ©2016 Virginia Williams