Internet connection woes have set me back and I missed my usual Tuesday post, but I did see this tag on Abigail’s blog post and thought I’d plug it in. Hoping then to clear my backlog, catch up with everyone, and get back to posting reviews on schedule!
Thank you, Abigail, and here are the questions. You’ll have to read to the bottom to see my score.
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Nope! If I’ve gotten an ARC, I’ve read and reviewed it! Score one for me!
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley
My (current) score is at 93%. Once I got it back above 80%, I’ve been very, very careful with it.
- Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Actually, I think it’s more closely the opposite. If I get the blog review done, I reduce the word count and post on Goodreads, Amazon, and NetGalley the following day.
- Folded down the page of a book
Not since I started reading on my Kindle and cell phone and it doesn’t say “ever.” I have received a few printed books, but have bookmarks for those.
- Accidentally spilled on a book
NOPE! Am very careful around my cell phone–pretty much my entire life is on it.
- DNF a book this year
√ Oops, I have had to do this. I usually try to get through it, but would rather level with the author privately that I cannot.
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
√ Absolutely! All the time. It’s either that or Words With Friends2.
- Skim read a book
√ Unfortunately, I have had to resort to this solution to finish a book on deadline, or when it is really dragging and I’m trying not to DNF it!
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Have my Goodreads goal met. Now if I could just likewise meet the NetGalley Challenge and the Alphabet Challenge!
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
They’ve all gone back. My library alerts me when it’s expired and updates it for me, usually another two weeks. Talk about accommodating!
- Broke a book buying ban
My books fortunately come via NetGalley, author requests, or BookBub free to me for an honest review. So, no.
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
√ Unfortunately, yes, but usually read and not reviewed right away, rather than started and not finished.
- Wrote in a book you were reading
√ That’s the neat part about reading on my cell phone (or Kindle). I can mark stuff up and color code it depending on whether it is an edit problem, something I want to remember, or a comment I can use as a quote. Does that count?
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
My books are usually added to my tbr on Goodreads as soon as I get it.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I don’t borrow books, unless from the library, and they always go back.
- Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
- Broke the spine of someone else’s book
- Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
The jackets can be a pain when you are actively reading the book. I may remove it, but hope it isn’t “more damaged.”
- Sat on a book accidentally